About Dr. Raul Deju
Raul A Deju, a native of Cuba, migrated to the United States in his early teens, and received a Ph. D. in Geosciences (Hydrology) with Highest Honors from the New Mexico Institute of Technology and previously degrees in Mathematics, and Physics. Since 2015 he serves as a Senior Partner at Brightstar Capital Partners, a New York-based private equity partnership. He is also a Director of Texas Water Supply Co. (a Brightstar Portfolio Company), and board member of Gluware (a privately owned technology company) and the US Veterans Business Alliance (a not-for profit organization supporting veteran entrepreneurship). In addition to his executive endeavors, he and his wife Shari foster non-profits and academic efforts dealing with entrepreneurship education and advancement, addiction control, anti-slavery efforts, literacy in the third world and the creation of entrepreneurship among US veterans of the military. These efforts involve various academic and not for profit institutions.
Dr. Deju has served in executive positions at the top corporate level (CEO, COO, or Division President) at multiple companies, including International Technology Corporation (now Chicago Bridge & Iron), URS Inc. (now AECOM), Waste Management (both domestically and internationally), Isadra Inc., Headwaters, and Energy Solutions. Dr. Deju has served as an advisor to a prior Secretary of Commerce and a prior US EPA Administrator. Internationally, he was a member of the board of governors of the World Nuclear Association. He is the author of seven books and over two hundred peer-reviewed articles. His first book, "Regional Hydrology Fundamentals", was published in hardback by a major publisher in London and New York when he was twenty-five years old. He was named one of the top twenty-five Latinos in the San Francisco area and received commendations for his Latino philanthropy as well as numerous other recognitions. Dr. Deju has been involved in over $ 5.0 billion of equity capital being monetized through various liquidity options. Dr. Deju is a frequent speaker at major international symposia.
Books Authored by Dr. Deju
- Regional Hydrology Fundamentals (1971)
- The Environment and its Resources, coauthored by A. P. Baez, Dr. Roshan B. Bhappu, and George C. Evans (1972)
- Extraction of Minerals and Energy: Today's Dilemmas (1974)
- Nuclear Energy and the Use of Nuclear Materials, coauthored by Dr. Harry Babad (2008)
- Nuclear is Hot! Everything You Wanted to Know About Nuclear Science But Were Afraid to Ask, coauthored by Dr. Harry Babad and Michael A. Deju (2009)
- Planet in Conflict: Balancing Energy Needs, Economic Growth and Environmental Quality, coauthored by Dr. Tapan Munroe (2013)
- We Got Mojo! Stories of Inspiration and Perspiration, coauthored by 35 of his BFF (2016)